Westell 7500 Ethernet status is down
Cody4813
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to make a wired connection to my Xbox 360. My router will not make an wired connections to Xbox or laptop.  The wireless works like a charm.  I have looked at the connection summary and it says that the Ethernet is down.  Sometimes the E3 port light turns on randomly when there is nothing in it.

Re: Westell 7500 Ethernet status is down
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do the Ethernet ports function correctly when you connect a PC to them? The Ethernet ports should all provide a 100Mbps Full Duplex connection, and pinging the router (192.168.1.1 usually) should give no packet loss and a latency of 1ms or less (typically less than 1ms).

Since you've mentioned Ethernet port 3's light coming on randomly which indicates a connection, check to make sure nothing is bridging the connections in the Ethernet port. If nothing is, have Verizon replace the Westell as it sounds like your Westell has a bad Ethernet switch.

Cody4813
Enthusiast - Level 2
They do not function at all.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Alrighty. Bad switch on the 7500 then. Have Verizon send you a replacement 🙂

Cody4813
Enthusiast - Level 2
Should I call or is there a page on their website?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Calling would be a good bet. Their Live Tech Support chat on their website should give the same results. Doing either and simply telling them your router has a defect or a fault should get the ball moving.

0 Likes
Cody4813
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the replacement and still no Ethernet connection. When I go into the router settings at 192.168.1.1 and click connection summary, at the bottom it says that Ethernet status is down. I do not know how to change this.