Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
lciotti001
0 Kudos

Westell 7500 Routed Bridge Mode not reachable on network.

I have setup my westell 7500 into routed bridge mode, connected to a netgear wireless router.

The westell IP is 192.168.1.1.  I set the netgear to 192.168.1.2.

Westell is in routed bridge mode with the routed bridge as a static IP (DHCP is disabled on the westall)

The netgear is handling the DHCP service as well as the PPoE, and since I am typing this on the LAN, it is working.

One thing I notices is if I type 192.168.1.1 from a machine on the network, I cannot connect to the Westell to check/change settings.

Is this right??

Where did I go wrong?

Gold Contributor VII
dslr595148
0 Kudos

Re: Westell 7500 Routed Bridge Mode not reachable on network.

[ Edited ]

Very odd.

#1 Why are you using routed bridge with a WAN Static IP Setup on the modem combo and you have the RJ-45 WAN port router handling PPPoE?

While I know that Verizon tells users if they have their own RJ-45 WAN port router that it should be in routed bridge mode, I have heard/read that is wrong.

I point to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

Bridge. What kind of Bridge? Just Bridge.

#2 How is/are these two routers connected to each other:

a) WAN port of RJ-45 WAN port router to a LAN port of DSL modem combo?

b) LAN port of RJ-45 WAN port router connected to a LAN port of DSL modem combo?

c) LAN port of RJ-45 WAN port router connected to a LAN port of DSL modem combo and the WAN port of the RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it's LAN port.

#3 Which LAN port of the Westel is this RJ-45 WAN port router connected to?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools