Re: Westell 7500 issues
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

HI Tampaite,

I wish I was proficeint at reading these logs, however i'm not.  The reason I asked you if your Dls light was blinking when you lost your internet is because I had a repair recently where the customer was having a similiar situation. Her trouble happened when her phone rang.  The incoming call would interupt the dsl signal, the internet light would go red followed by the dsl light flashing.  She had an old network interface on her house that was interfering with the signal.

The reason I asked you to type 192.168.1.1 was to see if your computer was still communicating with the router.  Seeing the menu for the router tells me there is some outside interference causing you to loose your connection.  I would from this point request a tech being sent out to your home to isolate the trouble.

0 Likes
Tampaite

I don't have a landline at home so there is no issue of interference with incoming calls.

Can I simply call up Tech Support and request them to send a tech? Is that, that simple?

Regards!

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Before they send a tech to your home, they will have yougo through a bunch of request.  Ask them to run a test on your line.  Also, they may be able to look at your line withing the past 24 hours and see if hte routers been disconnecting.  I would still persue requesting to have a tech visit.
0 Likes
29thplace
Enthusiast - Level 1
I saw you helped some out with a Westell 7500 bridge modem. I am having an issue as well. The modem works fine, but sometimes it drops the internet connection overnight. The DSL light remains lit, but the internet light goes off...If I power cycle the modem, everything returns to normal. But I've had to do that 4 times this month...and that seems excessive. Be grateful for any thoughts.
0 Likes
pgmedina19

Has anyone resolved their issues?

I too am having intermittent connection issues with my Westell 7500. I'll lose internet access from both my PC & wireless devices. Looking at the router I can see the Internet LED is off. Power, DSL, Wireless, and the E4 port ( which my PC is connected to) LEDs are all green (Wireless LED actually flashes). If I power cycle the router it will sometimes return the internet connection. I can also log onto the router and manually connect to the internet, this works most of the time. I've called Verizon Support and had them test the line and they found no problem. While I was on the line with the tech the internet LED went off, he put me on hold and while on hold the internet access came back. He decided to send me a new router. Installed new router and everything was fine for a few days but the same problem has returned. BTW - This problem has been occurring for the last few weeks, prior to that I had no problems. I've had this particular model for almost a year.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm about to try a different brand of router but want to make sure this is not a Verizon phone line issue.

Thanks,

Greg

0 Likes
dclark

Hey Greg,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue. I've had verizon for 2 weeks so far and its just really upsetting me as well. i've had tech's here they rewired my entire house along with half the city block. had one here just yesturday he replaced my modem it worked great for like 7 hours now im dropping connection again, it drops the DSL light starts blinking like the modem reset it self. the 192.168.1.1 site is junk you cant do anything there except manually connect your modem. at times my internet light goes red its just pointless all around in the last 2 weeks ive had 7 trouble tickets open with verizon and all i keep getting is we will send a tech or im sorry i just dont know.  i mean going by all the issues ive read up on with this modem ? junk the **bleep** thing and give us something different?? well if you figure anything out let me know ! ive re programed my PC bought a new ethernet card thinking just maybe that was bad . brand new modem. nothing is working.. im stumped?? BTW what operating system are you running?? I'm on Windows Vista.. I'm starting to think that is the issue ??

0 Likes
MRoes1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one with these issues 🙂

I've had Verizon DSL for 3 years since I moved into my current house, the speed has never been stellar, but I always had a good connection, until a few months ago when I started having recurring problems with my original modem a 327w.

After a horrid experience with Verizon customer service where I was first told I'd have to buy a new router (even though my original one wasn't even available any longer) I finally got them to send me a new one at no cost by threatening to discontinue the service.  My new router is a Westell 7500 and it worked great for 3 weeks, and now I have the same problem described here, I lose all internet access every 5 to 8 hours, both wired and wireless.  The only way to restore it is to power down the modem once, and sometimes twice.  I've gone to tech support and gotten the same story, that there's nothing wrong with the signal or equipment. 

I know there's no issue with the wiring, and that there's no issue with my PC, it's just shoddy equipment from verizon.  Verizon's horrible customer service coupled with no apparent technical solution on their end finally made me bite the bullet and go with my local cable provider for internet service.  Since they have yet to rollout FIOS in my area I've got no other choice.  I half wonder if they're just less focused on their DSL business these days since FIOS is all the rage.

Best of luck to you all, I registered here just to share my story.