Westell 7500 nightmare
gemiijo

Actually the whole experience has been a nightmare since day one.

It all started when I was told my internet will begin September 9th, but got the automated call on September 8th that my internet service is ready. I was thrilled to hear that so I promptly set up my modem/router. Problems arised when realizing the CD didn't come with the package. I called Verizon to get asistance and told I don't need the cd to set everything up. Ok then, so we went into the modem/router to make the configurations. After stating "connected" on the device, my browser would not properly load up on my screen. We went through all possibilities and eventually a tech had to be sent out. He came and stated my service was not supposed to be active that day, then he mentioned there were cables that needed to be replaced outside and everything should be fine afterwards. Later on , he came up to check the settings on my computer..from what's supposed to be a simple check up to a couple of hours long struggle. He eventually said I have a faulty modem and needs to be replaced. I called Verizon and told them my modem/router needs to be replaced. They checked all the problem logs associated to my account and sent out a replacement.

Want to laugh? I had issues getting it going. It would stall at times when accessing the activation site..downloading the software was in snail mode..at times freezing. Then when everything was done, my internet experience has been a joke.  Slow to no speed then slow again. I spent more time figuring out what can be done rather than surfing the web effectively. This is not what I signed up for.

Oh fyi, I'm on my friend's connection typing up this post. I tried accessing this site through my connection..omg, it was stressful! Once I got on my friend's connection..no problem whatsoever. Oh, if you're wondering, his isn't Verizon.

Verizon Online is not holding up their end of the contract. Oh yeah, they were quick to send me the bill, lol. The phone part is fine..but internet? omg it's horrible!

0 Likes
Re: Westell 7500 nightmare
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Very weird..

At the following FAQ http://www.dslreports.com/faq/156

they talk about a PPPoE client on your computer.

However, unless your modem is in bridge mode you would never want to run a PPPoE Client on your computer.

--

If you want to put the modem into bridge mode, regardless of the title (despite it's title) - see as need be: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

^^

0 Likes