Westell DSL Modem Power Supply
redheadedjen

My cat chewed the power supply cord to my Westell dsl modem sometime last night. The model number of the power supply is MT12-4120100-A1 and has 12v output.

Does anyone know how I can obtain one of these cords? I've goggled and the easiest way was from an ebay seller in India but I was hoping for something closer to home. I would rather see if I could get it first before calling VZ as I don't want to pay for a new modem if I don't have to.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Westell DSL Modem Power Supply
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a tip, to keep that from happening again, run your cord through something like plastic sump pump hose or vacuum cleaner hose.

wings515
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had to replace a defective supply at a customer.  I found a universal supply at, of all places, True Value.  Just check the one you purchase has sufficient current capacity.  The older supply should have the rating on the outside.  Make sure you take the old one into TV to check the connector dimensions.  Also check that the center pin has the correct polarity.

A universal supply of 12 volt and 1-2 amps should  be fine.  Most universals also have a polarity reversing connector.

Hope that helps.

wings515

RONINPA

HAVE U TRIED VERIZON ITSELF,,??? THATS WHAT I'M LOOKING 4 NOW,,!!!!

0 Likes