What's the reason for high PING ms ?
Accordlayingkit
Enthusiast - Level 1
My ping Is normally between 32 ms and 50 ms....what makes it change? I Unlugged router and modem...came down some to like 72 ms where before the unplug it was getting up to 107 ms
0 Likes
Re: What's the reason for high PING ms ?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

0 Likes
Accordlayingkit
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from the Westell? Visit http://192.168.1.1/ for me and do the following:

1: If you see a Blue and White Westell page, mouse over Troubleshooting, go to DSL, and choose Transceiver Statistics. Copy/Paste the information on that page.

2: Go to System Monitoring > Advanced Monitors > Transceiver Statistics. Copy/Paste the information on that page.

3: Try visiting http://192.168.1.1/transtat.htm which is a direct link to the Stats on older modems.

If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/Serial Number.

By Serial Number, I don't mean type in the words Serial Number. I mean find and type in the serial number found on the bottom of this router.

4. In the router go to Wireless Settings -> Wireless Status

5. Is Wireless enabled?

6 If so, answer my questions below:

a) What is the setting for MAC Authentication?

b) What is the setting for SSID Broadcast?

c) Is Wireless Security Enabled?

d) If so, without posting what the key is / or posting what the keys are, what is it set to?

For example WEP.

7. If you can't log-in to the Westell:

a) While I know your Netgear router is connected to the one of the Westell's LAN ports. Is there anything else connected to the LAN ports of the Westell?

b) Can you log-in to the Netgear router?

c) Do you know how to setup a Static IP on your computer, if you had to?

0 Likes
Accordlayingkit
Enthusiast - Level 1
Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data PathFAST

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)5884861
Margin (dB)10.717.6
Line Attenuation (dB)33.015.5
Transmit Power (dBm)0.012.8
0 Likes
Accordlayingkit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Re: What's the reason for high PING ms ? [ New ] 12-21-201103:38 PM Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from the Westell? Visit http://192.168.1.1/ for me and do the following: 1: If you see a Blue and White Westell page, mouse over Troubleshooting, go to DSL, and choose Transceiver Statistics. Copy/Paste the information on that page. 2: Go to System Monitoring > Advanced Monitors > Transceiver Statistics. Copy/Paste the information on that page. 3: Try visiting http://192.168.1.1/transtat.htm which is a direct link to the Stats on older modems. If you need a Username and Password, try the following: admin/password admin/password1 admin/admin admin/admin1 admin/Serial Number. By Serial Number, I don't mean type in the words Serial Number. I mean find and type in the serial number found on the bottom of this router. 4. In the router go to Wireless Settings -> Wireless Status 5. Is Wireless enabled? YES 6 If so, answer my questions below: a) What is the setting for MAC Authentication? DONT SEE ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN MY ROUTER SETTINGS b) What is the setting for SSID Broadcast? NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN, THERES A CHECK IN THE BOX BY ENABLE SSID BROADCAST THOUGH c) Is Wireless Security Enabled? YES d) If so, without posting what the key is / or posting what the keys are, what is it set to? For example WEP. WPA2-PSK[AES] 7. If you can't log-in to the Westell: a) While I know your Netgear router is connected to the one of the Westell's LAN ports. Is there anything else connected to the LAN ports of the Westell? NO b) Can you log-in to the Netgear router? YES c) Do you know how to setup a Static IP on your computer, if you had to? NEVER DONE BEFORE

0 Likes
Accordlayingkit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry dslr595148 your answers are above in all caps, i copy and pasted what u had sent me and i answered each one beside your question in red font and when i hit post, that is what it gave me....weird i know

0 Likes
Accordlayingkit
Enthusiast - Level 1

i went to dslreports forum and verizon direct and they put in a ticket for fast path, and now after running last stat test i realize im on fast path.....so what else could be done to get the ping ms down? isnt it the lower ms the better or what? Kinda heard if its get high it could cause buffering?

0 Likes
Accordlayingkit
Enthusiast - Level 1

anyone?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace) will contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

0 Likes