Which password to use when trying to connect with Kindle
princess_9180
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got DSL service a couple of weeks ago and I am trying to retreive a library book thru my Kindle. The only way that  you can do it is thru a wireless connection. It is asking for a password, im just wondering which password it is looking for. I assumed it meant my Verizon password but it is saying that it's the wrong password. Im wondering if I need to do something thur Kindle/Amazon or what I am doing wrong? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Which password to use when trying to connect with Kindle
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The password and the SSID (Network Name) should be located on the side or the bottom of the Westell 7500. If you cannot locate it, visit http://192.168.1.1/ and click on the Wireless Settings. Log in using one of the following Usernames/Passwords:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

From there, you should be able to locate the Wireless SSID (and change it, if you wish) and also locate your Wireless Network's key.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm running on the assumption that you are trying to connect the Kindle to your Wireless network, correct? Have you ever connected a device to your DSL service using Wireless or is this the first time? Do you have a Wireless router either provided by Verizon or one you've purchased, and if so, what model is it?

0 Likes
princess_9180
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, you are correct, I am trying to connect my Kindle using my wireless connection. This is the first time that I have tried connecting a device with my wireless connection. I have a modem/router from Verizon. The only thing that I see on the box is the name which is Westell, Inc. and part# A99-750015-00 on the box. It doesn't actually give me a model number unless its on the modem itself. Thanks for the reply

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The password and the SSID (Network Name) should be located on the side or the bottom of the Westell 7500. If you cannot locate it, visit http://192.168.1.1/ and click on the Wireless Settings. Log in using one of the following Usernames/Passwords:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

From there, you should be able to locate the Wireless SSID (and change it, if you wish) and also locate your Wireless Network's key.

princess_9180
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much! It worked...I really appreciate it!

0 Likes