Why can't verizon tell the truth and fix my DSL for over a week
starrd

On the 10th of January, I contacted Verizon Tech to let them know I had no DSL (the phone had previously been out, but I had had DSL).  They told me to wait an hour and restart the modem.  I did that to no avail.  I continued contacting them and they kept telling me there was an outage or the problem was my modem or such.  I tried to tell them that whatever repair they made, disconnected my DSL.  They sent a new modem, they sent a technician on Thursday -- still nothing -- called and was told they were replacing the PSA and it would be up by Saturday -- called Saturday, was told the replacement part did not function and they had a new part which would fix it by Monday.  Called Sunday, was told problem was fixed on Saturday (but I still had no internet) Then they said, it was being investigated by a team in the Central office and it should be on by tomorrow -- specifically checking circuit to Central Office.    Still today, no Internet (as I predicted would happen -- it's a holiday and I cannot get answers) and when I called, they want to send another Techinician TOMORROW to investigate.  It has been 4 days since the last Tech came, it was 4 days from the date I initially called before they sent a Tech -- now they want to send a DSL tech rather than a "phone tech".

I truly believe they are trying to get me off of DSL since they don't want people on it (you cannot get back on it once off) because they want everyone to be on their EXPENSIVE FIOS system that costs over $50 a month versus my little $39 a month.  Of course, then they'll want me to get phone and TV to "bundle" and save $ -- which means my phone doesn't work during power outages after a few hours.

How do you get to speak to someone in authority over service rather than people who are going by a book that says, "check to make sure the modem is plugged in" as though it is your first time using the system you have been on since 2005?  Why is the corporate office of Verizon hiding?  Where are the Vice Presidents and Manager to take charge and get things done -- out spending their HUGE Bonuses?

0 Likes
Re: Why can't verizon tell the truth and fix my DSL for over a week
LolitaLynn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain. I had a technician come out twice, my moden replaced 3 times, and now my monthly cost has gone up but my internet speeds are not much improved. 

0 Likes