Why does it take for a month to get internet services?
AngieKS

I'd like to know why does it take for a month to get internet services? I ordered my service on Jan 18,2012 and I got the installation kit on Jan 21,2012. But I can't  use the internet and I have to wait until Feb 9,2012 for my service ready date. I think it takes a long time. I need the internet to do my project, but I can't. I'm very disappointed right now. I think I can use the internet after I place my order. (2 or 3 days it's ok, but I have to wait for a month that's terrible) Why can't they just turn on the services? I'd like to know who can i talk with? 

0 Likes
Re: Why does it take for a month to get internet services?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

These Forums are a place where users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us.

0 Likes
Re: Why does it take for a month to get internet services?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried hooking the modem up, and does it get sync and does the Internet light come on? Even though you technicaly shouldn't do this, the line might already be up and running but they haven't told you yet. I don't know why it takes a month to hook up DSL. In my area, it takes two weeks typically from order to live, whether it's new service or a speed upgrade/downgrade (these are usually one week. They can be done on the spot, though!). No one has ever explained why it takes that long, but I presume it has someting to do with the billing cycle and perhaps line conditioning if they still do that (away from removing bridged taps and load coils), giving a technician time to pick up the service request and perform the task before someone goes, builds the profile for the line and then connects a few cables to an empty slot in a DSLAM and does some other background tasks to bring the connection online.

0 Likes