Why does my DSL stop working when I plug it into my filter?
StewChicken
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is really annoying. I was having problems with my phone/dsl connection and verizon sent me a filter. Great! I've been using the filter for a while now and the first problem was when I plugged in the filter then the dsl and phone the internet wa very slow. If we tried to watch a youtube video while the filter was plugged in it would be painfully slow!

Now the DSL wont work at all! The little green light disappears in the internet section whenever i plug the dsl into the filter. I work online and need both the phone and internet to work at the same time. Any ideas what to do?

Re: Why does my DSL stop working when I plug it into my filter?
Mr_Z
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to double check, you are only plugging the phone into the filter correct?

StewChicken
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, the phone is on the phone side and the DSL is in the DSL side. It's the big square thing that has one side for phone, one for DSL and the front middle plugs into a wall. That's filter right? I might have gotten the terminology wrong.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
That would be a filter, yes. Didn't know Verizon handed out phone/DSL wall split filters. I would honestly take a look at the physical jack it is connected to for corrosion or lose connections as I doubt the filter is bad out of the box. Anyways, what was the original problem you had with the Phone and DSL that prompted Verizon to send out a filter?