Why doesn't Verizon offer DSL/FIOS where I live?
dmasterson25

I live near Fredericksburg, VA....half way between Richmond, VA and Washington, DC and the only internet options for my household is satellite, wireless or dial-up.  Why is that??? Half, or more of Spotsylvania County residents have access to Comcast, Verizon DSL or Verizon FIOS.

In the past when I've asked Verizon about high speed internet, I was told that Verizon was in the process of expanding FIOS into my area and I would have access to a better internet option than DSL....that was 3-5 years ago.  I have seen work crews at the end of my street laying the orange conduit to expand either Comcast or Verizon's services several times since I've moved into my current home in 2003, but still no viable internet options.  Now I'm hearing that Verizon has either slowed down or stopped expanding FIOS all together.

I am currently forced to have a Verizon Wireless MiFi account that limits me to 10GB per month.  I have multiple users in my household, one being a college student.  A 10GB per month allowance when all you do is email and share pictures might be more than enough, but with a household of 3 adults who share this allowance for work, school and personal use....my account is close to going over the allowance almost monthly.

I have been a Verizon customer for almost 25 years, at this point if I had ANY other options, I would close all my Verizon accounts and save myself about $200 per month.

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon offer DSL/FIOS where I live?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
dmasterson25

At least responses to my online inquiries are consistent with all other communcations with Verizon both in person and via telephone...TOTALLY USELESS

Thanks for directing me to a page that no longer exists.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The thread was probably archived and stored away elsewhere so the link changed...

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

1. This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page. Everyone posting here is an end user, just like you, unless identified as an Employee, Admin, or Mod.

2. The provided link was correct, but it looks like the forum software (which is not Verizon's, but Lithium's software) broke it. If you copy and paste the link instead of clicking on it, it takes you to the correct thread:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Fios-Availability-in-my-area/td-p/386771

0 Likes