Why the shack down with the phone - it sucks and I am getting extortion for having dsl
Vboston1
 I have had DOLS for a few years. About 3 years ago I signed up for a phone it was OK . Really bad connection but then I finally realized that I was really getting scammed. I called up to cancel it and they VERIZON said no you have to have the phone. ? WHY When I signed up originally I did not. I then called to lower my bill and was told I would get 3 MPS or what ever the speed for 30.00 and the phone would go local for 19.00 and there would be very little TAXES. Well the taxes and a late fee come to 17.00 ? Why the late fee My DSL id now slower then before I switched over, it did not work for 2 weeks it was as slow as 1994 DIAL UP AOL. I kept calling and they said no that is the speed. It was 746 mps under 1.0 and the upload to ebay was 4 minutes for 1 photo what a joke. I cannot even find a email address to write them? HELP. At least they should credit me the crap month service. Somehow it is running a little faster but still sucks. 

Total Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees
$2.01
Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits

Federal Universal Service Fee
VLD Carrier Cost Recovery Charge
Verizon Property Tax Recovery Charge
Federal Subscriber Line and Access Recovery Charge
Late Payment Charge
Total Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits
$16.31

0 Likes
Re: Why the shack down with the phone - it sucks and I am getting extortion for having dsl
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Phone shouldn't have a resemblance as to how well the DSL works, unless you have an unfiltered device on the line. That can cause plenty of disconnects and slow speeds, on top of static on the landline 🙂

To start off, what modem/router do you use, or what Wireless Gateway do you use to connect to the DSL connection? Also, could you share a speed test result from www.speedtest.net please?

0 Likes