Why won't my Verizon DSL Modem/Internet work?
kmrossy

Last week I ordered Verizon DSL internet online and got a service ready date of Tuesday, August 21. The D-Link DSL Modem/Router was mailed to me along with the necessary equipment to set it up. I followed the directions, and on the service ready date I plugged the ethernet cord into my modem and laptop to start the registration process.

When I did this, the only light that show up up on my modem is in the LAN1 port (where my ethernet cord is located) and my computer says that I have a local area connection and "limited or no connectivity".

Everytime I plug the modem into the wall the power light turns on for about 5 seconds and then turns right off. I am really not sure whether its a problem with my modem or with my internet connection. I have plugged the modem into multiple outlets and the exact same thing is happening, but I know those outlets work because I have other things plugged in them.

Also, I plugged in the modem and set up my cords before my service ready date, would that effect my connection?

I am not an expert at all with internet set up, so any help or suggestions you can give me would be much appreciated.

I have tried calling Customer Service but I keep getting put on hold for forever.

If I need to post more information, please let me know.

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Verizon DSL Modem/Internet work?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the equipment troubles. With the power light going out like that, it sounds like a defect modem. I have copied your post to our private support board so we can get more information. Please refer all correspondences to that new thread. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Verizon DSL Modem/Internet work?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It almost sounds like to me the unit is saying it needs to be re-flashed. I'd have Verizon exchange it for another unit for you as it sounds like you may have gotten a dud if the power light won't remain on and if you do not get an IP address to the router (which should happen even without DSL service) but the PC shows a link active even with no power light. Usually what happens to units with corrupt firmware.

It happens!

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Evening,

We were just checking with you to make sure issue was resolved. Please repost if you are still experiencing a problem.

Tonya D.

0 Likes