Wifi works on Windows laptop but not macbook - help please!!
hibbers

Hi! I'm a new customer to Verizon having just moved to the US from the UK. We have the DSL service with the 7500 Westell router. I've set up the wireless and it works fine on my husband's laptop (IBM thinkpad with Windows XP) but my MacBook just will not connect properly. I can see our network in the list, and it will connect, but either it drops the connection immediately after connecting, or stays connected and the internet doesn't work. The ethernet connection works absolutely fine. Any advice gratefully received!

thanks in advance, 

Kate

0 Likes
Re: Wifi works on Windows laptop but not macbook - help please!!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quick quote from the FIOS area..

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Ipod-Touch-quot-Unable-to-connect-quot/m-p/12508#M1968

remember that all apple products use lower-case letters in the passcode (WEP KEY), and use zero's ( 0 ), not capital O.    Then you may need to, instead of just trying to connect to your network, go to 'create a new network' and enter all info there to build the new connection, remembering that you are using dhcp.   Or you may be able to, after clicking on your network, find out how to enter your security code (WEP KEY) (passcode).

If you disable your passcode then anybody can use your wireless network

While you are not on FIOS, I hope this helps...

0 Likes