Will an admin forward this port for me?
ehmatrix843
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey there, I need some help from an admin. I can't forward any ports whatsoever, i've read everything from the manual step by step. I don't recieve an error message, after i'm done applying the rules and everything, I hit 'apply', it says wait we'll redirect you, then it goes back to the previous page. It says it was successful and whatnot, but the port still isn't open. I checked the ports with canyouseeme.org, and they say the port is not reachable.

Anyways, I wanted to ask if an admin could do it for me? I have all of the router information accessible.

I don't need any information on guides and stuff like that, just a straight answer if an admin could help me or not.

Some of the router information is that it's manufacturer is Actiontec Series GT704-WGB the f/w is 30.17.0, the ESSID is QAX10. I need port 4562 forwarded on the IP address 192.168.1.10 The PC name is the same as its' IP address. Thanks a lot =).

Re: Will an admin forward this port for me?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure, when you are checking to make sure your ports are open, that you are running the program requiring the forwarded ports. The port will not show up as open, otherwise.

Additionally, make sure the ActionTec's Firewall is set to Low or Disabled. Medium/High will ignore your Forwarding rules. If you can provide a screenshot of the rules you've created, along with the settings you are putting in, that would help us out.