Wireless stays connected, but router drops internet
cjunker

I have an Actiontec gt704wg modem/router.  I have a couple laptops, a desktop, and a playstation3 that are connected wirelessly.  I never lose the wireless connection (except when I reboot, obviously), but when playing online games at night I always lose internet.  I get booted from my game and my wife internet stops working while browsing, several time per night.  It only happens from 8pm until 1am or so, but it probably happens every 10 or 15 minutes during that period.

I've tried rebooting all systems, rebooting the modem, relocating the modem, etc.  I've sat on the router site 192.168.1.1 and hit refresh and watched it go from green light to red light every 10-15 minutes.

Is this something I can fix? Is it something that Verizon should be able to fix?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Wireless stays connected, but router drops internet
cjunker

Also, I upgraded the firmware to the most recent from the Actiontec website, but the most recent is from 2005.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless stays connected, but router drops internet
Fred741

My internet service is spotty and drops connection much too often.  Some times I can pull the plug on the remote/modem, wait a while and it will restart when I plug it back in.  Other times it will not restart.for a long, long time.  What is the reason for this?  I am about ready to cancel the service and move on to something else - ATT or xfinity.

0 Likes