bad modem -- again??????
JenM66
Enthusiast - Level 2

For several months I've been back & forth with Verizon about the modem. The DSL light stays on but the internet light goes out and we lose our connection. They replaced the modem (model 7900) but it continues to happen.  They sent out a technician who ensures me it is  NOT a line problem but a modem problem if the DSL light remains on but internet goes out. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it? We're going on 4 months now and I'm starting to get really frustrated!!!!!!

Re: bad modem -- again??????
JenM66
Enthusiast - Level 2

****correction, model 7500

Jordan051

Hello Jen we are having the same exact problem with the same modem. I have tried to talk to verizon as well but the only thing they suggest in putting verizon home agent on my computer (which I have done) and still no fix to the problem. I am so sick of mediocre verizon service for what we are paying. I have asked to speak to supervisors on the phone but, I always get the run around. It's okay because once our contract is up we are done with them for good. Hello Brighthouse!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you two provide the modem logs from your Westell 7500s after the Internet light goes out? Do not reset the modem as this will clear the contents of that log, since it is stored in RAM! Visit http://192.168.1.1/ , choose System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors, and then System Logging. Choose the "All" category.

If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

Your Verizon Username and Password

0 Likes
JenM66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smith6612, I'd love to be able to do that but if I don't reset the modem I cannot log onto the internet. Is that option available off-line???

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link I mentioned above is served up by the modem itself. It works even if the DSL is down. Once you've gotten the log from the modem, if the service has not come back up yet, feel free to reset the modem. A tip I might also suggest too, if you visit the "My Netowrk" section and choose the DSL connection settings, you can try to force connect the modem from there.

If you get an error from these forums saying the post is too long in length, use http://www.pastebin.com/ to copy and paste the log. Save the paste at Pastebin, and post the URL they give you.

0 Likes
JenM66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I've bookmarked that page. Do I use the one password combination the entire way through?

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You use the combination that works. Once it's found to be working, continue to use it only when you are prompted for it. You should only be prompted for it once every modem reset, or every time you open your web browser and visit the address.

0 Likes