connection issues
timandtoricarey

Hi. I was on the phone with someone from verizon on Tuesday. I was told I would recieve a phone call back with in 24-48 hours about my connection problem. I have not recieved a phone call at all. I am still having issues with my wireless internet going out continually. It is getting very frustrating because we watch netflix and hulu because we don't have cable so thats our means of television. Also I have to use the internet for my job and can't because it keeps going out. I have rebooted it several times after it goes out and it would go out a couple minutes after its been rebooted.

0 Likes
Re: connection issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 While you are using a wireless connection, as long you are not talking about cell phone Internet (3G,4G/LTE) your device allows you to connnect by a wired connection.

Does the wired connection have the same issue?

#2 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

#3 Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#4 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#5 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes