constantly losing connection, no help from Verizon
dmsf64

I have had NOTHING but problems with the internet. I have called and "chatted" numerous tijmes, I thinbk these people read off a script, they have been very nice, but not helpful. I lose the connection constantly. I haver to unplug the D Link router and sometimes that doesnt work. It will also show on the computer and iphone that there is a  connection when there is not. All they do  is"check the line"...it's always fine.. I have a replacement modem, have replaced adapters, checked connections, etc..still bad.. I asked for a tech to  be sent out, the rep on chat says he has to  "check the line" to warrant a tech visit. I told him I had the lines checked, and by the way, was using Comcast to access internet. He asks me to plug in the Verizon modem, yeah,..that'll work since im on chat on Comcast.. I told him I was done with calls and chat and will be cancelling this lousy service, The phone service sucks too.

So I get a rep who is to help cancel the service. I tell her my long tale of woe... She says they won't send a rep without charging for repair. Repair???? This crap hasn;'t worked since day one and I recently moved and have had the same problems. This home had Verizon phone for years and there were no problems.

So do i cancel?? Then get penalized??? And wth other options are there?? I have Directv bundled with this and am not dumping them too... Comcast is too expensive just for internet alone, and the speed is very low, and costly if you don't bundle.

Any ideas?

And i have no problem with these nice ( but unhelpful ) foreign reps they have, but is it so hard to get someone in this country and without  jumping through hoops to do it?

0 Likes
Re: constantly losing connection, no help from Verizon
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dmsf64,

Unfortunately due to non response we closed the private thread. If you still need assistance with the dropped connections or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
Daniel508

I share your frustrations. I'm constantly losing connection and nobaby in India seems to understand my problem..

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

To OP

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that your non-bogan public IP Address will show up.  It might shown up as the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Either remove that line or show only the first two octets. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

For example this what I saw when I was using Verizon

news.giganews.com

traceroute to 71.242.*.* (71.242.*.*), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 gw1-g-vlan201.dca.giganews.com (216.196.98.4) 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms
    2 ash-bb1-link.telia.net (213.248.70.241) 39 ms 7 ms 7 ms
    3 TenGigE0-2-0-0.GW1.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.125.125.41) 4 ms 4 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW8.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.65.76.189) 4 ms
    4 so-7-1-0-0.PHIL-CORE-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.20.137) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    5 P3-0-0.PHIL-DSL-RTR11.verizon-gni.net (130.81.13.170) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    6 static-71-242-*-*.phlapa.east.verizon.net (71.242.*.*) 32 ms 32 ms 33 ms

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem that is not a DLink 2750?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes
MossLady
I have the same problem!!! I am tired of "chatting" and nothing changes
0 Likes