dsl connection with westell 7500
snowyowl

Help, my westell 7500 worked well for a year or so.  Now won't connect, slow blinking light dsl.  used my friends older westell 327w and I can connect to dsl.  verizon tech replaced newer westell 7500 with 4 new westell 7500's, still not connection to dsl only slow blinking light dsl.  why is the older westell 327w connecting now and not the newer westell 7500.  what happend.  was working well for a least a year or so.  nothing has changed in my home at all with wiring or desktop or laptop.  dsl troubleshooting is horrible over in india.  can hardly hear them, broken english, they read from a script, just horrible.  bring back the usa  dsl help center.

0 Likes
Re: dsl connection with westell 7500
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Please check your private messages. I sent you one two ago and still haven't heard back from you. We would like to help you out.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Four Westell 7500s wouldn't connect?

Sounds like a line issue to me. The Westell 327w might be tolerating a problem with the line a lot better than a 7500 might. Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from the Westell 327w? You should be able to get them at http://192.168.1.1/transtat.htm . If a login prompt comes up, try:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/admin tends to be a good first pick for the Verizon Gateways.

In addition, if you have Voice Service on the line, can you tell us how the voice quality is? Do you have issues with static or noise on the line while in a call?

0 Likes
snowyowl

voice quality is great. 

I've copied and pasted those stats for you.

Transceiver Revision: 01.00.09.00 
Vendor ID Code:        4 
Line Mode:               G.DMT Mode 
Data Path:               Fast 
Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)1184448
Margin (dB)14.012.0
Line Attenuation (dB)63.531.5
Transmit Power (dBm)15.811.0
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like a long line to me. It's strange that a 7500 won't connect with those statistics, as I've seen 7500s running on lines with worse statistics and at higher speeds. On the 7500, does the DSL light start to flash rapidly or does it simply flash slowly or not flash at all? Have you tried syncing the 7500 at your NID, to see if perhaps something might be up with the internal wiring that is preventing that particular modem from syncing?

0 Likes
snowyowl

DSL light will only flash slowly on the 7500.

Tried 7500 at the NID and still won't sync. 

Netgear seems to think it is a software trble in the CO.

I have tried to get someone to connect the 7500 in the CO just to see if the 7500 will sync inside the CO.

As a former VZ tech, that's what I would have done.  Then I would have gone halfway on the CA. pair and tried to sync at that point.

Narrow the trble. down from there.  But first check it leaving the CO.

Westell 327w works fine.  1184 down and 448 up.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's interesting. If there's any particular reason as to why the Westel 7500 needs to be in service, at this point I would really try getting someone in the CO to sync up the Westell 7500. That's always the best thing to do to really rule things out, lol. I've seen this issue before on the Frontier Communications forums over at DSLReports where particular modems (mainly old ones) won't sync up what so ever. Almost seems to be like an incompatibility with the equipment on both ends or a setting on the CO end of things that refuses to sync.

0 Likes