dsl line settings/conditions
bigbuni

How do i get verizon to clip the extra cable off my line?  I live as a bird flies 1.2 miles from CO, 1.5 as a car would drive.  Yet my line stats state 57 attenuation, noise margin 19 (download side). 

Also how do i get them to remove the limit on my speed.  I am provisioned for 1792.  I have had mixed success in the past getting them to up it to the 3.3mbps.  Calling them is no use, i usually have to go through verizon direct forums on various sites.

First time it happened was my own fault, had down graded to 1mbps plan, then when upgrading back it would not jump to 3mb even though i had it before.  I had called many times get transferred around with no one able to help.  I eventually got verizon direct to fix it and was happily at 3.3mb for over a year - even got fastpath!

We are renting at my neighbors house while we sell our house and had verizon move our line over, thought they would just swap the pairs at the box in the neighborhood, not needing to set anything up, but instead they took an empty pair going into my neighbors and activated that as my line (same number, account and services) but the dsl had to be activated (same email accounts) and i can only get it to sync at 1792 again.  The old verizon direct forum i used has not responded to my request.

(stats at my old house (literally next door (could touch it with a long pole from my rental)) 52 - 54 (when rains) attenuation down, fast path with noise margin down of 12 (could live without fastpath but need the higher speed as my wife and daughter live off netflix streaming).

I am at work now but can give my line stats when i get home.

Would love FIOS but neighborhood is private community and when they came to install there were some issues with the site plan (putting those big boxes in peoples garages or basements because their site plan was original and the builder (back in the 70's) decided to do what he wanted (it funny some peoples houses are half on their lots and half on other peoples well not for them).  FIOS install wants a new easment and our HOA wont agree to it so i am screwed along with the fact that i dont think they are installing it anymore (what i have read around).

Any help or info would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
Re: dsl line settings/conditions
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the speeds. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes