dsl service runningt at half speed
techbob1
I have a 1.0mbps dsl service that has been running at 0.5mbps. How do I get this fixed? I can't ask for a repair request because the questions do address Verizon issues and I wait for hours in the chat room and on the phone and still no response. I try to send an email but it asks for the email of tech support which I can't find anywhere Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: dsl service runningt at half speed
geek371

Until recently my 3 mbps service was always 2.8 mbps (I know how to check it).  Now it continues to be 2.8mbps during the day, but only 1.2 mbps in the evening when everyone is watching movies on Netflix like I am.  If you look at the fine print regarding your service, you will discover a note such as this. which I copied from Verizon:

Your High Speed Internet Extra service is provisioned to achieve downstream connection speeds between 1.2 - 3 Mbps . We will periodically monitor your line and set your maximum connection speed to the highest stable rate between 1.2 - 3 Mbps . Actual downstream throughput speed (the speed you experience when you download or upload files) will depend on a number of factors, such as . . . (blah, blah, blah).

So if your 1 mbps service is 0.5 mbps that is apparently completely normal.  Sorry about that!

0 Likes