frequent disconnects and slow connections
chad_gallaher

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router and my internet frequently loses connection. I call VZ and they say my speed is good, but when I watch netflix I only have 2 bars...considering switching companies if this isn't resolved soon.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: frequent disconnects and slow connections
grega1
Enthusiast - Level 1

try switching your router channel to another one

1, go to 192.168.1.1

2, enter admin in the username and the password on the back of your router

3, go to wireless settings

4, go down to channel

5, on your android phone download wifi analyser

6, choose the best channel for your router

View solution in original post

0 Likes
magiccrpet
Enthusiast - Level 1
I had a speed problem with Verizon and now I have a different one. I'm close to switching to Comcast. What you have to do is call and tell the tech you want to speak to a supervisor. I was supposed to get 3 MB dn and 768k up. It worked fine the first 2 years, then my speed dropped to 1.4 MB max. They sent me 2 different modems and 2 different techs to the house before insisting on a supervisor. Finally, I got a supervisor and with the flip of a switch I was back up to 3 MB. However, now, EVERY evening around 7pm, I lose connection for a couple minutes and when it comes back, it's dropped to 2.1 MB, then I lose connection again and when it comes back up, down to 1.44 MB. I'm tired of calling. I think switching is the ONLY thing they understand! My speed is maxed from early morning till 7 pm. I don't know what's going on in the wee hrs, I'm asleep.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Getting some more information would be appreciated to help you get the problem solved. If you can, obtain the Transceiver Statistics from your modem by visiting http://192.168.1.1/ (you may have to remove your router temporarily so that you can visit this page. If it doesn't work, your modem may be bridged, in which case let us knows), choosing System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors and finally Transceiver Statistics.

If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

Verizon Username/Password

admin/modem serial number.

grega1
Enthusiast - Level 1

try switching your router channel to another one

1, go to 192.168.1.1

2, enter admin in the username and the password on the back of your router

3, go to wireless settings

4, go down to channel

5, on your android phone download wifi analyser

6, choose the best channel for your router

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes