incorrect replacement gateway sent, phone support kept connecting to other operators, no resolution
CHRISWIN1ST
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on the phone wit a DSL tech support rep a week and half ago and she suggested/offered to ship me a D-Link 2750 gateway to my home to replace the actiontec gateway which we hope will resolve a few issues.  Confirmation number for the replacement is {edited for privacy}.  The replacement gateway that was received is another actiontec gateway and not the promised D-Link.  When I called in about this, no one knew what I was talking about (several people in tech support and 2 sales girls).  They also informed that Verizon doesn't even carry the D-link.  It took some digging by "Ana" (?), the 3rd person in sales that i spoke to who informed me that that gateway is avail through Verizon wireless.... why would verizon wireless be offering a dsl gateway was beyond her and me.  She didnt know how to order it for me and when asked if i can be transfered to a manager because I've been on the phone with Verizon for over 2 hours and no one was able to do anything to correct this situation, she simply transfered me to verizon wireless hotline which didnt have a clue what was going on.  Any dimwit would know this isn't how you're suppose to treat your customers (lie to and pass around hoping the customer would tire themself out and quit which at this point seems to be common practice with Verizon).  Any one know how I can file a propper complaint or get to a regional manager/director/executive?

0 Likes
Re: incorrect replacement gateway sent, phone support kept connecting to other operators, no resolut
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CHRISWIN1ST,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: incorrect replacement gateway sent, phone support kept connecting to other operators, no resolut
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your private support case. We hope you were able to find a resolution to your trouble. If you require any assistance, feel free to create a new post in the forums.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes