internet connection gets lost when the phone rings or someone is using
Buff

I use a Westell VersaLink 327W to get my internet, but it loses connection everytime the phone rings or if someone is using it.

I am sure the micro-filters installed and it's correct.

Should I call the customer service?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: internet connection gets lost when the phone rings or someone is using
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I used the advanced search function of this site and found other threads on this..

Here is one of them

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=High_Speed_Internet&message.id=932

Does this help you any?
0 Likes
Buff

Thanks for your answered.

I read that post before I writing the post.

I'm thinking for change to other ISP.

Howevery, thanks for your help.

Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@Buff wrote:

I use a Westell VersaLink 327W to get my internet, but it loses connection everytime the phone rings or if someone is using it.

I am sure the micro-filters installed and it's correct.

Should I call the customer service?

Thanks!

Without a doubt...call...Some of the Older Network interfaces outside (or in) have a capacitor which interferes with the dsl.  Basically the dialtone goes through the capacitor then flows thru to the inside wiring.   It needs to be bypassed.  If you think you can do it, go for it  ...if not call. 

I've also seen Satellite recievers cause interference or poor wiring inside the home cause this problem.  One thing you can do is inspect your inside wires.  If you can trace the modem wiring out...Make sure the wire to modem is a direct run to the outside line.  If you find it split a bunch of times, that could also be your problem.  A direct wire will need to be run.

Message Edited by Provider7 on 02-27-2009 10:52 AM
0 Likes