internet connection
hai1

1 of my 2 laptops can't access to internet with the message:the remote device or sources denied the connection. What should I do?

0 Likes
Re: internet connection
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

How are you connected to the internet? Is this a personal computer or a computer from your job?

0 Likes
hai1

In order to make my question clearer I  repeat it: my laptop (personal one) was working well, but suddently one night when I logged on it and tried to access Google search then appeared a message:" the proxy server isn't responding"

.I clicked on "Fix the connection problem" then anorther message appeared "the remote device or resource denied the connection". I looked for the solutions on google.com and followed the guidances, but it didn't work. I  asked my IP for help,  the high speed inernet DSL technician gave me no solution.. I followed  CONTROL PANEL of microsoft and internet connection on INTERNET EXPLORER I came up " proxy setting" and saw the number of proxy hhtp  127.0.0.1:57103, I deleted this number and entered the number IP gave me when he set up wireless home group , but after unsuccessfully accessing to the internet I return " proxy setting" to check then the strange number 127.0.0.....is still there. Can you help?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@hai wrote:

In order to make my question clearer I  repeat it: my laptop (personal one) was working well, but suddently one night when I logged on it and tried to access Google search then appeared a message:" the proxy server isn't responding"

.I clicked on "Fix the connection problem" then anorther message appeared "the remote device or resource denied the connection". I looked for the solutions on google.com and followed the guidances, but it didn't work. I  asked my IP for help,  the high speed inernet DSL technician gave me no solution.. I followed  CONTROL PANEL of microsoft and internet connection on INTERNET EXPLORER I came up " proxy setting" and saw the number of proxy hhtp  127.0.0.1:57103, I deleted this number and entered the number IP gave me when he set up wireless home group , but after unsuccessfully accessing to the internet I return " proxy setting" to check then the strange number 127.0.0.....is still there. Can you help?

This is usually the tell tale sign of malware. Get a copy of adwCleaner and SuperAntiSUPERAntiSpyware portable onto a USB drive and use both programs to scan the computer. Run AdwCleaner first. If AdwCleaner can get you cleaned up and online without those proxy settings reverting, then use Malwarebytes to scan your computer instead.

Make sure you are also unchecking the option to use a proxy server. Simply clearing the boxes out will not do anything and will also cause a revert!

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

There should be no proxy settings. Like Smith6612 said your computer has become infected by malware.