Customers With Disabilities
Contributor
moss158
0 Kudos

modem/DSL equipment upgrade

I am using a fujitsu speedport modem for my Verizon DSL.  How can I get a upgrade or new modem from Verizon?  Does Verizon offer equipment upgrades from time to time?  I have had Verizon DSL for over 10 years.  My last modem stopped working after a recent thunderstorm.  Thank you.
Silver Contributor I
Telcoguru
Device: Linksys WRT610N
Plan: VZ DSL 1500/384
0 Kudos

Re: modem/DSL equipment upgrade

Verizon bills for new modems but other people have said that if you sign up for a service plan they will send you one with a low monthly charge.
Contributor
moss158
0 Kudos

Is there a modem or modem/router availible that I can purchase elsewhere that is compatible with Verizon DSL?  I am using the fujitsu speedport modem and a Linksys WRT54G wireless router now.  Is it even worth messing with, or should I just keep using what I have now? 
Contributor
moss158
0 Kudos

I might add that I am only using the basic DSL service, "up to 1mbps" DSL.  Thanks for the replies.  
Silver Contributor I
Telcoguru
0 Kudos

Personally I would buy a DSL modem off of E-bay. Just look for the modems setup for Verizon. I've bought a few already. Cost should be about $20.
MVP
dslr595148
0 Kudos

And if you need to enter in any VPI and VCI settings..

The VPI is 0

And the VCI is 35.

^^

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor
moss158
0 Kudos

I have been checking eBay for Verizon DSL modem/routers.  Which model should I be looking for?  Which model is the latest?  Which ones should I stay away from?  Which one works best?   Which one do you recommend?  Thank you.
Silver Contributor I
Telcoguru
0 Kudos

If you don't need wireless the Westell 6100 is fine. If you do need wireless than look for a Westell 7500.
Contributor
moss158
0 Kudos

Thank you!  Off to eBay. 

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV