no more $20/month Verizon DSL service?
erdos

currently i'm paying $21.99 for my verizon dsl dry-loop service.  since i entered into a one-year agreement last year to have this monthly service and it's ending as of last month.  I called verizon last month to sign up another year of service.  however, they told me they don't offer DSL service in my area anymore, at least to new customers.  the new monthly charge would probably go back to the 'Normal' charge of $40/month.  they tried to talk me into their Fios All-in-One package, i said no. 

just wondering how much you guys paying for DSL currently?  i'm weighing my options if July bill comes in and does jack up to $40/month for DSL service.

0 Likes
Re: no more $20/month Verizon DSL service?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm paying $20 for 1Mbps DSL with a landline. I've been out of contract for 3-4 years now and the price hasn't changed, and I hope it doesn't. If you're in a FiOS area, expect Verizon to not want to renew your agreement or wish to provide you with DSL Service anymore (hence the push to FiOS) as they are trying to phase out the DSL network. If they won't renew your contract, there probably isn't too much of a choice I'm afraid besides trying retentions.

Also keep in mind, Verizon doesn't offer Dry Loop DSL anymore, so any changes to your account may just subscribe you to phone service.

0 Likes