Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
thefelts
0 Kudos

non-wireless router

does any know ..if Verizon offer a good non-wirelss router ...there Actiontec sucks.. i rather get a my own router to hook up to computor ..Verizon service ok but there equipment is lousy...

Gold Contributor VII
dslr595148
0 Kudos

Re: non-wireless router

#1 What is the brand and model of your current DSL modem combo?

#2 Do you have your own RJ-45 WAN port router?

#3 If so to my last question what is it? For example, the Linksys WRT54G

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Gold Contributor VII
Smith6612

Re: non-wireless router

A non-wireless router? A few simple ways to get one. First of all, the easiest and quickest way is to disable the Wireless Radio in the ActionTec which of course will restrict you to using Ethernet until you enable the radio again. If the ActionTec is giving you other problems besides the wireless though, the Westell 6100 is really the only other thing offered by Verizon that does not have built-in Wireless capabilities. It is a wired router in itself despite only having a single Ethernet port, though you will need to purchase a switch to be able to use it as a router for more than one PC/device. The routing functions can be disabled, so to speak by simply bridging the modem to your router of choice and setting your router to use PPPoE (which is in most Verizon DSL areas, some areas are DHCP though they aren't very common). Additionally, you could see if Verizon can send you a Westell 6110 if any are around, which are pure bridge modems. Lastly, there's always the option of using your own modem and router combination.

========
The first to bring me 1Gbps Fiber for $30/m wins!

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411