not able to connect to engadget.com, every other site works.
sschardi

I had this problem once before with lifehacker.com. I am unable to connect to engadget.com. it's like it doesn't exist. I can connect to m.engadget.com, their mobile site, and can connect through google to the cached site. The site is not down. Engadget says they do not block anybody.  I cannot connect via internet explorer, Firefox, and chrome. i cannot connect using any home PC windows xp and windows 7,  connected through my verizon modem ( old westell) through my Belkin wireless router.  My routers firewall is not blocking any sites. my Comodo firewall is not blocking any sites. I changed my router settings to IP selecting the DNS server to a Google DNS server, and still cann't connect to engadget.com. With the Lifehacker incident, after calling Verizon service and getting no real help, they wanted to check my line. All of a sudden I could connect.  I don't know if Verizon is somehow blocking my access. As I can connect to every other site I usually visit, I don't think its a computer or router or "line" 0problem on my end. Everything else works.  If Verizon is somehow blocking me, please un-block me. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: not able to connect to engadget.com, every other site works.
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

We can take a look at this for you. I sent you a PM to get started.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

It most likely, has to deal with the issue that is addressed in

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/SOPA-Protest-day/td-p/397555

0 Likes
sschardi

I am not at home until next weekits not the SOPA blockage, its been happening for a week or more, and the site is accessible from other locations

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I don't know what it is. I have an idea to check something..

Can you get there using a web based proxy server?

For example..

#1 Go to {word filter avoidance}

#2 In the Free web proxy form, type in URL that you want to visit.

#3 Leave all of the settings alone there.

#4 Press Hide My **bleep**

0 Likes