Re: "High Speed" DSL = Frustration
pvarlese

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: "High Speed" DSL = Frustration
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry about the delay, but considering what the Verizon employee posted up, I am not paid to even come here and do these things. I stop by as much as I can to answer what I can, when I can. So I apologize for the delay.

If the line was truly running quicker in the past, more than likely the problem you're seeing is due to a deteriorating line. It might help to test the modem out at your NID to see if the problem (if there is one) happens to be developing inside of the house or if it is an issue with the copper plant outside. More than likely such issues are developing outside, but Verizon's going to want to get the inside wiring out of the picture before they even dispatch a tech.

For information on what the NID is, see here: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

When it's convenient to you, connect the ActionTec to your NID. The test jack in the NID will be under a plastic door in most cases, and might have something plugged into it. In most NIDs opening the plastic door (not the customer access portion of the NID) and/or removing the phone cable that is plugged into the NID will automatically disconnect your home's wiring, giving you what you could consider the most direct connection to the copper plant. There's only a few NIDs I've seen in my area that do not disconnect the inside wiring, but the same job is still done retardless.

With the modem synced up at the NID, visit the ActionTec's DSL Status page again and post up the new values you obtain for the information above.

0 Likes