"Server not found" hsi connection dropped
gebrazer

I have had Verizon hsi for almost 3 months now, switched from Time Warner Cable in a bundle deal with DirectTV.  I am thoroughly dissatisfied with your internet service.  In what I can only assume is high traffic periods throughout the day, 4pm-6pm, 8pm-10pm, and all times during the weekends I will get this "server not found" message when attempting to access the internet via Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer.  I will give a reasonable 6months for you to fix this constant problem as I understand you had a surge in business with the Direct TV bundle package offered last year.  After that I will return to Time Warner for my hsi service as i never encountered this problem with them, They're service is more expensive of course, but for uninterrupted service it is well worth it to me.  Good luck Verizon in trying to keep my business, you have 3 months to go to get it right!!

0 Likes
Re: "Server not found" hsi connection dropped
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace) will contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

#2 Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) What is the brand and model of your router?

0 Likes
Re: "Server not found" hsi connection dropped
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Need Transceiver Statistics as pointed out above. DSL lines don't just drop out physically due to congestion. You find that with Cable modem service when the modem is switching to less congested Downstream/Upstream channels (DOCSIS 1.1 or DOCSIS 2.0 without channel bonding. DOCSIS 3.0 doesn't experience this nor does DOCSIS 2.0 with channel bonding).

Now, PPPoE sessions are another story. If the links are that badly congested, you wouldn't have Internet period as the PPPoE keep-alive data is roughly the size of DHCP data. Both Cable and DSL can have this problem, either due to congestion or packet loss from poor signal.

0 Likes