Customers With Disabilities
Contributor
jackle
0 Kudos

so internet keeps dropping

none of the other information on any of the other random disconnects helped me out... this started happening about a week ago... getting rather irritating... westell 7500 surfin internet playing games whatever... it just keeps disconnecting sometimes comes back on its own.. most time i have to reset it... got the log just from this morning over the several disconnects ive been having... any suggestions?

log file http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/jacklescool/log.jpg

MVP
dslr595148
0 Kudos

Re: so internet keeps dropping

#1 In your router, post the modem stats from the modem combo.

The modem stats maybe at System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats

#2 In the router go to Advanced -> UPnP.

#3 That feature is turned off?

#4 Is this router a wireles router?

If so..

a) Are there any computers connected by wireless?

b) What level of wireless security is the router set to?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor
jackle
0 Kudos

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h Vendor ID Code 4D54 Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt Data Path INTERLEAVED
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 832 Margin (dB) 9.4 11.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 36.0 17.5 Transmit Power (dBm) 19.6 12.1

stats while internet is on and working...

i have uPnP disabled..

and it does have wireless but i have it disabled.. if enabled its set to medium security i have a wep key set up as well

Contributor
jackle
0 Kudos

when the net dropped literally 3 mins after posting that i chked the transciever stats again.. shows a 7.4 for downstream path margin

MVP
dslr595148
0 Kudos

#1 Here is what most of all that stuff means..

Margin (dB) - Signal to noise margin. 6 is pretty bad possibly unusable at times, 20 is very good. You normally want 12dB or better IIRC from back in my DSL days. The higher the number, the better to a point.

Line Attenuation - Measure the amount the signal has degraded. Below 20dB is excellent, above 50 is poor, fill in the dots for anything in between.

Transmit Power - The higher the number, the more power is required to transmit. This number will vary based on the other numbers.

--

#2 Connect your modem directly to the NID, to see if the signal is better.

Points to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

#3 Contact local telco to check line equipment before spending hours with DSL tech support..

dsluser804 wrote:

At the top of the Verizon page click:

Support,  Contact us, then select Email on the page that comes up.

On the form select Internet service, for category use Support,

then sub-category select Report a repair or installation issue

Fill out your info on the rest of the form and type in a note to check local equipment because your DSL is having problems.

Other way is to just call the repair number for your normal phone line service which is what I did a whle back when my phone line was full of static and the DSL dropped.  They understood  and sounded local.

^^

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools