verizon dsl I was disconnected last night
keltee

Still wont connect is this a verizon problem?

I have never had any problems before

0 Likes
Re: verizon dsl I was disconnected last night
fastlane917
Enthusiast - Level 2

If there's an outage in your area, you will get that message while waiting for tech support. Otherwise it's anyone's guess what your issue is and why you can't connect. Try calling Tech Support to at least give it a chance to work.

0 Likes
tawanna984

I was disconnected last night after a virus was removed by Dell.

0 Likes
tawanna984

OK.  I'll call Tech Support.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Without more details on what the DSL modem is doing and such (Solid DSL light, solid Internet light), I'd have to say right now the Virus you had on your machine might have had some fun messing around with the system. I've seen a lot of malware these days play around with the Internet Options in Windows. What's worth a check is to visit your Control Panel, and locate the Internet Options (usually under Network and Internet). From there, open the Internet Options, and choose the Connections Tab in the Internet Properties window, then click the LAN Settings button. If the options for using an Automatic Configuration Script and/or using a Proxy server are checked, uncheck those options. Also, Automatically Detect Settings can be enabled but it is not necessarilly needed. See if that restores access.