xbox 360 mtu error - Westell 7500 modem
fredwkols

I've tried connecting my xbox 360 to my westell 7500 wireless router directly with a wire and through wi-fi.  What are some suggested fixes?  The network connects but the internet does not connect.  My laptop and cell phone are able to connect through wi-fi but my xbox is getting the mtu error.  I also tried adding the xbox to port forwarding in the firewall settings for both host and dynamic.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: xbox 360 mtu error - Westell 7500 modem
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The router should be automatically setting its MTU to the fastest setting for your connection. If not, you can manually set it. Login to the router and change the MTU connection settings in there. This will force all your connections to use the MTU your select. The Xbox site suggests any MTU settings over 1374. 1500 is the maximum this can be set to. If you are still having troubles, you will need to reach out to Xbox support for further assistance.

0 Likes
Re: xbox 360 mtu error - Westell 7500 modem
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Make sure you are not using some oddball setting within the router's firewall that would cause such a problem. More often than not, MTU errors show up either when you have some odd settings in the router or you are routing over a bad path somewhere to Xbox Live.
0 Likes