xbox & other network issues
jotrekas

My xbox stopped connecting to the internet. When I run the test it says connected to my router but fails connection to the internet.

When I did the ping for the verizon.net, as directed by verizon trouble shooting. I got 100% loss of packets after 4 time outs.

Also my port forwarding stoppped working the same time my xbox stopped connecting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a westell 327w.

0 Likes
Re: xbox & other network issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 I know that a power supply is connected to this westell 327w.

#2 What else has a wired connection to this westell 327w?

#3 Try to go to 192.168.1.1

#4 If you are prompted for a Username and Password, try one of the following:

admin/password
admin/password1
admin/admin
admin/admin1
Your Verizon username/password

admin/serial number

By serial number, I don't mean type in the words serial number. I mean find and enter in the serial number that you find on the bottom of your westell 327w.

#5 Does the screen(s) of you 327w, look more like the sample screen(s) at

a) http://myplace.frontier.com/~paradise.cowgirl/6100.htm

b) http://screenshots.portforward.com/Westell/A90-750015-07/index.htm

0 Likes
LordRatspeaker

I'm having the same issue. this ticks me off. I did add a Western Digital MyBook Live to the  network. I run a Verizon GT704-WG-B router. going to try and see if it works again if I disconnect the MyBook. Waiting for solutions to be posted if anyone has any.

0 Likes
LordRatspeaker

nope. same problem with or without MyBook Live. Also same problem running wirless or wired connection to modem / router. must be a problem with Verizon side of network. Also of course my netflix won work on it. good thing I have a Sony smart bluray player!!

0 Likes
djhayu

This has been an issues since friday night where I am at.  I do IT for a living and have tried multiple things.

1. Directly connected the Xbox to DSL modem. Still not able to access XBOX Live.

2. I manually setup the port forwarding rules.  Still nothing.  I used my Mobile HotSPot device and was able to connect, so I know it has to do with the Verizon service.  

3. I tried to manually assigning external DNS servers instead of using the Verizon ones and it stilll would not connect. 

4. I have change the IP subnets and re-setup the port forwarding rules.

5. I have tried wireless as opposed to wired.  Still no connection.

6. I even went as far as to try to reload the firmware.  I am on the latest version, 30.17.0

7. I power cycled the DSL Modem multiple times.  Even leaving it powered off for over an hour while, I used the Mobile Hotspot.

I have had issues with other sites as well.  My Facebook has been speratic as well as using my iPhone apps that connect to facebook always timeout.  They work on 3G, but when I am connected to the Actiontec, it still does not work.  I see that it is not only effecting the Actiontec since I see others having the same issue with the Westell's.

It seems like something is being blocked, or the manual DNS entries are still routed through the Verizon DNS servers which seemed to be not getting the correct information.  I have been away from my house so I have not been able to contact Verizon, but this is an issue that needs to be fixed fast, or I will look into changing service.  

I have an Actiontec GT704WG-B

Signed

Frustrated!

0 Likes
KipAddada

From what I can tell, Verizon has no idea what the problem is.

I just happened to be doing some cleaning and moved my desktop so I thought I caused the problem somehow. So after going through everything possible to fix it late into Friday night, I find out it is a problem on their end! PS3 still works at least.

Come on Verizon, throw some resources into this and get it resolved. I wasn't expecting much on super bowl weekend, but now I am.

0 Likes
jandct

Same modem, same lack of Xbox Live connection since the weekend, same sporadic Facebook connectivity,same lack of response from Verizon, same frustration.

0 Likes
KipAddada

My issue was fixed as of yesterday afternoon.

0 Likes