Customers With Disabilities
Contributor
dian
0 Kudos

.WII set up

hi, I formerly had verizon DSl and my WII worked just fine.  I since got the FIOAS and have no clue on how to get it to work. not interested in internet connection unless it is needed  to be able to use.  I just want to do my little workout videos. spoke with support and they suggested I get an XBOX. :smileysad::smileyfrustrated:

can anyone help a computer  Fios challenged person

thanks so much

dian

Copper Contributor
jmcguoirk

Re: .WII set up

Your post is confusing... Are you trying to play the Wii on the television set?

If so... check the Wii connections at the rear of the television set. Determine the input. eg. HDMI 1, Component 1, Video 1... if you only have three wires (RED, WHITE, YELLOW) from the Wii, its most liked plugged into VIDEO 1.

Turn the Wii on.

Using the television remote control, or possibly the Verizon remote, switch the input to the discovered Wii.

NOTE: Many television sets allow the end user to name inputs making the input easily recognized for the next session. Remember to change the input back to Verizon's input to watch FiOS.

Once you get the Wii then you should be able to use the setting within the Wii to connect to the Verizon internet service.

Contributor
dian
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

sorry for the confusion. yes, i want to play the WII on the television.   Do not know what I did but I finally got it working. moved  stuff aroiund and there she is.

thank you for your help

have a Merry christmas

Contributor
zummys
0 Kudos

I have the dvd hooked up to the tv so I connected the yellow red white cables directly to fios cable box and it is not working.  Any suggestions?

Contributor
zummys
0 Kudos

My DVD player i connected to the tv so I decided to hook up the Wii directly to the cable box (Fios) and there is nothing on the screen.  What am I doing wrong

Contributor
semirgmj
0 Kudos

Similar WII set up issue

I am having a similar issue.

How do I connect a Wii game console when I have FIOS TV? 

I have a Samsung HD TV to which my FIOS DVR (QIP6426-2) set top box is connected using the component cables (RGB). On this TV, the only component cable inputs are also the only AV (yellow/white/red) cable inputs. The Wii comes with AV cable for connection to the TV.  HDMI or DVI are the only other options for external connection to this TV 

The AV connections on the front and back of the DVR set top box do not appear to work.  If they do work, I am not able to determine how to get to the signal from the Wii game console to the TV.

Contributor
semirgmj
0 Kudos

Re: Similar WII set up issue

I was informed on another board that the set top box does not support using the AV jacks.

Copper Contributor
jmcguoirk

Do NOT connect the Wii console to the FiOS box. This is unsupported. The Wii will need to be connected directly to the television set using an available INPUT.

The Wii is supplied with a 3-way RCA cable: Red, White, Yellow. Red and White are AUDIO whilst the yellow is VIDEO.

Most television set are able to utilize this simple 3-way hook-up. However, newer television sets on the market are doing away with the 3-way style and opting for a 5-way component hook-up. You are still able to utilize the 3-way cabling supplied with the Wii with this style. The RED and WHITE will be connected to the AUDIO side of the component input whilst the YELLOW will be connected one of the other; either RED, BLUE or GREEN. So....

Steps:

1. Look at the rear (or side) of the television set and determine available INPUTS. Pick either an empty VIDEO or COMPONENT input.

2. Connect the Wii to one of the INPUTs.

3. POWER on the Wii.

4. POWER on the Television.

5. Change television INPUT to the one determined in STEP 2.

6. You should have both audio and video from the Wii.

TROUBLESHOOT

Using 3-way VIDEO INPUT:

No Audio/No Video:

Check input of television.

Make sure Wii is powered on

Using 3-wire in a 5-wire COMPONENT INPUT

No Audio/No Video:

Make sure all connections are made in the same bank.

Check input of television.

AUDIO yes, VIDEO no:

Change the yellow wire to either the RED, BLUE or GREEN terminal until video is transmitted to the television.

Check the Owners manual of the TV. Most manuals can be downloaded from the manufactures website. I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV with the following INPUT connections made:

HDMI 1 - Verizon FiOS

HDMI 2 - PS3

COMPONENT 1 - Wii

COMPONENT 2 - available

VIDEO 1 - available

RGB - Computer

Also, Wii makes a cable for proper COMPONENT inputs using the RED/WHITE for audio and GREEN, BLUE & RED for video. This will get you better video quality but NOT HD quality. The Wii is not HD.

Copper Contributor
jmcguoirk
0 Kudos

Re: Similar WII set up issue

For the user with the SAMSUNG TV....

First, use a HDMI cable from the FiOS box to the TV. This will render the BEST audio/video quality. These can be found very cheap on eBay (under $10.00). Do NOT get them from the big box stores, they will fleece you (over $50.00). If you are not keen on using eBay... Amazon sells their own line of cables cheaply (under $20.00).

Second, connect the Wii to either the VIDEO or COMPONENT input of the TV. Again, eBay sells a component wire set-up for the Wii, under $10.00.

Last, change input of TV (on remote) to the play the Wii.

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools