Device Name Displayed on Home Control App
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

OK, here's an odd one. One of my Door / Window Sensors will not display it's proper name on the Home Control app. When viewing my devices through a web browser, the device displays it's proper name of "Front Door Sensor". But on the Home Control app for iPhone, it displays the default name "Door and Wind...". But, if I refresh the display by pulling the screen down, the proper name displays for a few seconds before reverting back to the default name.

I have not tried deleting and reinstalling the device yet but I have tried renaming it several times to no avail. Any Modes or Alerts associated to that sensor work properly and display the proper name in a web browser, it just does not display the proper name on the Home Control app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Device Name Displayed on Home Control App
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

I talked to V-Tech Support this afternoon and they had a few suggestions which included uninstalling the app and reinstalling, which did not work. Another suggestion was to clear the cache for that app but I can't find any option like that for the iPhone. They also cleared the Gateway's cache remotely.

A few other details about this problem.

• This is not a new issue. It has been happening since I installed this D/W Sensor.
  • I reboot my gateway every few weeks, no effect on this issue.
  • I don't think it's my iPhone because the same thing happens on my iPad to the same D/W Sensor.
0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3
Not yet resolved.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shaenn,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

shaenn, we reached out to you a few times asking for updates on the status of the app, however as we have not had a response we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any further questions about your account or services please make a new post and we will be happy to assist.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

I have responded but never got any answers back. This issue should not be closed and quite frankly, should be handled in the public forum so all may benefit from the solution.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your private support case has been reopened.  Please access it through the link in your profile to interact with the support agents,

0 Likes