Re: HM&C Camera Recordings Not Viewable
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 17: The day started with the Gateway being off-line still and totally not functioning now, not even the timed devices or taking comands from the remote. Just before noon I starting getting alert emails that the Gateway was Up then Down then Up then Down then Up. I logged in on both my smartphone and desktop and was able to access the Gateway once again. But none of my devices are responding and still, the stored video are not viewable.

Called tech support and asked for a superviser but no one was available. Asked for a call back.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 20 and it's still not working. I'm told the top level techs are working on the problem but I guess we are not import enough for Verizon to spend the overtime to have the techs work until it's fixed. I can't imagine the phones or TV being down with a problem for more then a few minutes, let alone days or weeks.

Once again I ask, "Verizon, give us the camera codes and we can all be on our way. Then you can shoutdown the HM&C division". You obviously don't want to continue supporting the HM&C program so why not just give us the codes? Or, buy back all the cameras. Even that would cost you less then keeping the division open ans staffed.

0 Likes
Dukestane1
Enthusiast - Level 2

While on a week long busines trip away fom home I received several messages that the Gaeway was offline.  I have been unable to access any devices in my home.  Today I return home to find all lights and fans connected to the HMC on.  I attempted to turn off with my android device, idevice and PC all with no luck.  I always check the forum to see if anyone else is having any problems and usually when you (shaenn ) are having problems, so am I.  I am curious as to how many others are having the same issues and are fustrated with Verizon.  Some may say "drop Verizon and move on to something that works".  But it is not that simple, Verizon offered a service and has not been able to deliver on a consistant basis, they stopped offering the product without warning and refuse to unlock the devices sa we may go elsewhere. 

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 21 and the problem is still not resolved. I'm being told that is is a system wide issue and that everyone is affected. So all 20 of us are out. Smiley Surprised

Well, I have my whole house wired up to VHM&C including 6 indoor cameras, 5 outdoor camera, 1 pan/tilt, 6 light modules, and 5 door & window sensors. All the cameras, light modules and of course the Gateway are powered up. So Verizon is getting the bill for that during this outage.

I was thinking the other day, what about people who have door locks? Boy, they must be having a hard time.

Please, if you are reading this and have a VHM&C system, let us know if you are having this same issue or if your system is working currently.

And if any of you graduated from law school, please send me a personal message. Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Looks like there may be light at the end of the tunnel. In the last hour or so my Gateway started working again, allowing access to my devices. Cameras are working including the pan & tilt. Lights are working on/off. And modes are working. The only thing still not working is the original reason for this thread, the recorded videos are not viewable.

Now I was told at one point (don't know if this is true but) the problem was caused when an update was made to the system for "Quantum" users. Personally I think this statement is horse hocky. But what ever caused it, it's been 21 days to fix the problem. So everyone needs to contact Verison and get their bill adjusted for the downed service for the month. And try for two months while you are at it since they owe us for the electricity for all the devices that were on but not accessable. 

0 Likes
nunman216
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues here. As soon as I can get in to my gateway, I am deactivating allof my devices so I can move to something else. I brought all of my devices with me from schlage link, now nexia, so they are not locked on the Verizon network. 

I just setup Iris and love it. I only have a few things on IRIS so far, but as soon as I have my Verison stuff deactivated I will be adding them to IRIS too.

0 Likes
nunman216
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK and its fixed. What we did.

1. Unplugged gateway for 12 hours. 

2. Plugged back in and let sit for an hour.

3. logged in on phone and it worked. 

4. Deactivated all of the devices on the account.

5. cancelled the account.

Moved all devices to IRIS and works flawlessly!!!!

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

I was going to ask about the cameras after seeing your other post but now I see you didn't buy them from Verizon. Wish I had known about them locking the cameras, I never would have bought them from Verizon. Good luck with your new system. I have my eye on the Vera Lite. If I can ever get the codes for the cameras, I'll switch. I have too much invested to trash them.

OK, Day 22. The system is still working this morning, but the day is still young. Of course, the original problem remains, that of the stored videos not being viewable.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 23 and still no joy on viewing stored videos. Good new is that all the other functions seem to be working. That's two full days in a row, way to go Verizon!

Now if you could please fix the video storage so they can be accessed. Not much good if I get an alert that someone is at my front door if I can't see who it is/was.

0 Likes
shaenn
Contributor - Level 3

Day 24, Videos still not veiwable. Had a call from the development team this morning an gave him a list of the issues plaguing the product. I don't hold much hope in anything getting addressed from the list. I've learned not to get my hopes up when it comes to Verizon.

0 Likes