Kindle Fire
NJMess

I just got a Kindle Fire. I  have a Westell 6100 modem and a Cisco Linksys 3200 router. 2 Xbox 360 units, a printer and cell phones on my home network.  The kindle fire connects to the network, but not internet. My wifi icon on the fire has an X no connection.  Any body no how to fix that.  The Kindle people don't.  The Kindle works elsewhere. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kindle Fire
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check to see if the Kindle is holding a valid IP address. If it has a 169.254.***.*** address, it means the device was not able to talk to the network or was not able to get a DHCP lease from the router's DHCP Server. If you're holding a valid IP, such as 192.168.1.104, then the problem could be with something else, which we'll need to troubleshoot a bit deeper.

0 Likes
Re: Kindle Fire
peggylenox

I have a Kindle FIre which works with my Linksys Modem as long as I'm near it.  However, when I'm away from the modem, it won't work.  The Kindle folks don't seem to have a clue.  My husbands computer on the 3rd floor can connect, but on the other side of the building where the bedroom is and where I most want to watch Netflix, there is no signal.  Is there anything you can suggest?   Any adapter that could be put in a lapto up there to get signal?  Thanks, Peggy

0 Likes