My New Verizon Wireless Router
birdfeeder
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just installed my new verizon wireless router and when I click the icon, lower right, to check my connections I see two (weak) connections that I have not seen before.   they are:   DTOPSouthG  and   DTOPSGuestG

what are those??

Labels (1)
Re: My New Verizon Wireless Router
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Other wireless networks, I would think.

koikeeper1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are picking up the signals of your neighbors...looks like a business...dont fret about it...your router is working fine.

ReynoMarino
Enthusiast - Level 1

@birdfeeder wrote:

I just installed my new verizon wireless router and when I click the icon, lower right, to check my connections I see two (weak) connections that I have not seen before.   they are:   DTOPSouthG  and   DTOPSGuestG

what are those??

help

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@ReynoMarino wrote:

@birdfeeder wrote:

... just installed my new verizon wireless router ... I see two (weak) connections that I have not seen before ... DTOPSouthG  and   DTOPSGuestG ...

help

With what?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@ReynoMarino wrote:

@birdfeeder wrote:

what are those??

help

Ignore those available onnections, and just do not connect, or try to connect to them. Connect to only your router's ssid using the key, which can be found om a sticker or label affixed to your router. Used your ssid and key. Also use the AES enctyption setting on your router for the best level of performace, if your devices support it.

0 Likes