Port forwarding with Fios router and apple time capsule
swensonw

Hi all,

I've been banging my head against the wall for a while on this so I thought I would post a question.

I have an actiontech router MI424WR REV E with an apple time capsule (newest version) in bridge mode behind it (using the wireless N on TC).  I want to use the port forward settings so that I can access the files I have on the TC when I'm away from my home, but keep having difficulty accessing the TC hard drive.  

I've used a ton of combinations for various ports/settings (548, etc) on the fios router but have been unable to connect to the TC.  I have the general firewall settings set to minimum security so that the router will accept inbound traffic.  Is there anyone that has a walkthrough/guide on what exact settings to use?

I've been able to connect to the TC hard drive externally only when setting the TC to DMZ mode in the verizon router but wasn't keen to leave the TC directly exposed to the internet if not necessary.  I'm looking to also connect several IP cameras as well at some point to view externally so I'd really like to get this working through the verizon router.  The only other option I've seen is to directly the TC to the ONT with an ethernet cable and have verizon switch it over so the TC is primary (i've contemplated it...just trying to see if I can get this to work first).  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes