does the FIOS Moca setup require a POE coax inline filter?
sonnoio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am curious about the possible need to add a coax inline Moca filter to my FIOS installation. Perhaps the ONT already provides such function?

My FIOS installation has the ONT connected to one coax run into the house, to which an Actiontec router is plugged. I assume this is acting as the network controller for the moca network. I used this Actiontect to provide an ethernet connection to a Mac and a printer. I use two other actiontecs as moca adapters only, at two coax outlets to provide ethernet ports to an apple wireless router/network storage and a non-moca tivo. Two other moca-ready tivos connect directly to the coax outlets.

A related question is the importance of the network controller in this type of installation. My Actiontect is probably 3+ years old. Is Verizon providing newer and improved controllers for new customers? Should I upgrade mine?
Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: does the FIOS Moca setup require a POE coax inline filter?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No filters.

Obviously some of the newer equipment is better.  Not all.  How much improvement with newer equipment is not clear.

0 Likes
Re: does the FIOS Moca setup require a POE coax inline filter?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The newest router Verizon offers is the Fios Quantum Gatway. It is a dual band AC capable router. They sell it for about $150 dollars.

0 Likes