3rd week without a merged account, 5 days without dial tone
ephatcow

On Sept 26th, i added TV and PHONE to my internet account that i already had for two years

Verizon created the order and provisioned me with a temporary number until my phone number port from vonage came through.

ONT Line 1 was activated with the temporary number.

Weeks later i call and Verizon said that they needed to re-create the number port order from vonage, this time the rep said that i needed to create a type of order called a WINBACK phone number order. I explicitly said that they needed to make sure that the services need to come under ONE account for the triple play discounts, and for the additional features. 

3 days later, number port came through from vonage, activated on ONT Line 2. The line had a whole new account number, and couldnt be seen on My Verizon, and also couldnt be seen on my TVs

I subsequently cancelled Line 1 so i wont be double billed

I called in to verizon to have them merge accounts, and this is where the whole saga began

• Call verizon to merge accounts, they create ROC ticket
  • 3 days later no change, call verizon again, they claim ROC ticket wasnt created originally. Will create new one.
  • 3 days later no change, call verizon again, they claim that the ROC ticket was completed.. 
  • Techs escalated me to "Sales and orders" and got a lady in the 636 area code. Rep said that Digital Voice lines could NOT be merged in with TV and Internet accounts, and that  in order to "fix" the problem, she said that i needed to "cancel" the ported Line 2 number for a "day" while it purged through the system, and can be added to my primary account number. All the while she was saying that the original rep doing the WINBACK did it completely wrong and f-ed everything up. All the while she was trying to upsell me on the internet and service bundle, and trying to give me HBO and SHOWTIME on a trail basis. **bleep**. I dont need stinking channels. I just wnat my accounts merged.
  • As promised, she cancled my Line 2 account, and when dialing that number, for a day, i got a "number was disconnected" message. Also as promised, a day later, i got straight to voicemail on that number. So i knew that number was activated.
  • I STILL DONT HAVE DIALTONE, AND PHONE GOES TO VOICEMAIL ON 1 RING.Swaped lines 1 / lines 2 on the ONT. No change. SOmething is wrong with verizon's end. This was 10/21/2011
  • 10/24 (yesterday) a tech shows up and leaves, telling me that the order was  "stuck in IVAPP" and i needed to call sales. Around the same time he was here, i got an email on my phone saying "service ticket has been closed" and the dreaded email  FiOS Revised Installation Appointment
  • 10/31 is the revised date. At this point i am Woman Mad

What do i need to do to get a working dial tone on my line? This is becomming a safety issue as i do not have good (verizon) mobile coverage here, and also a big business liability for me as i use that number on my business cards for clients to call.

So far i have spoken to 

Fios Solutions Center

Fios Elite

Fios Order Support Group

Fios Sales

Fios Sales Manager

I need this order expedited and escalated immediately or else i have no choice but to call the PUC to complain about this. Seems like one hand doesent know what the other limbs are doing.

0 Likes
Re: 3rd week without a merged account, 5 days without dial tone
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your phone issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible. 

0 Likes
ephatcow

Called Fios Elite, spoke to Jessica. After Jessica talked to her WINBACK department, she came back saying the system would not allow them to do anything with the order since it was pending. The reason why im calling is clearly BECAUSE the order was pending! grrrrrrrr

I aksed her about a credit to my account due to these problems, and again, she said that the "system that issues credits is down"

Why am i being held hostage to VZ's "system". THis is BEYOND frustrating. 

6th day, no dialtone.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@ephatcow wrote:

Called Fios Elite, spoke to Jessica. After Jessica talked to her WINBACK department, she came back saying the system would not allow them to do anything with the order since it was pending. The reason why im calling is clearly BECAUSE the order was pending! grrrrrrrr

I aksed her about a credit to my account due to these problems, and again, she said that the "system that issues credits is down"

Why am i being held hostage to VZ's "system". THis is BEYOND frustrating. 

6th day, no dialtone.

0 Likes
ephatcow

My B T N wont work as i dont get dialtone on it.

catch 22 

0 Likes
ephatcow

Whomever you are that helped me, THANK YOU !!!!

Got the "your FIOS service has been activated" this morning

Thank you VZ Gods!

0 Likes