84 Year Old Lady without Phone Line - SOS
Hilda3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last year I was without a telephone and internet for 2 months.  I posted here and it was taken care of.  This year about the same time as last year I don't have a phone or internet going on 1+ month.  I was notified that I would have to go to FIOS or find another carrier.  That I was going to be disconnected.  I have been on a copperline since 1963.  This is not fair to force someone especially an elderly person to take a FIOS package or be forced to not have a phone line.  There are plenty of people in my neighborhood on a copperline.  It's a bunch of crap that you have to give up your copperline for a product you don't want or use.  However, if you ever want your copperline back as I was told you can have that again if you pay for it.  The problem here is everytime someone signs up for FIOS it seems they disconnect my line or it is just being done on purpose.  Also, last year when this happened to me I only got credit of $15 and some change for 2 months of no service.  I want an end to this nonsense.  I am too old to fool with battery pack in my basement.  I just want my telepone line operating and remain same.  The hassle to stay connected to a tried and true system is unbelievable.  I am 84 years old now.  Once again, I am at this forum.  Please help.  Thank you.     

0 Likes
Re: 84 Year Old Lady without Phone Line - SOS
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hilda,

We have reopened your private support case from last October.  Please follow the instructions below to access your case:

Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.Private Support Case

0 Likes
Copperline Technician in Virginia
Hilda3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like Copperline Technician # {edited for privacy} in Alexandria, Virginia to come fix my phone.  He seems to be the only one in my area that can get it done.  Can anyone reach him?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Copperline Technician in Virginia
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Hilda,

These public forums are peer-to-peer and are not monitored by Verizon support agents.  Please keep correspondence concerning your issue in the private support area where you will be able to communicate directly with the agents.

0 Likes
Still No Phone for 84 Year Old
Hilda3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still waiting on telephone repair to send a copper technician to fix my line.  Fios is all the repair technicians can say.  Can someone please fix my line and then leave it alone.  I have had this line for many years without problem until last year.  This is absurd.  ANOTHER SOS.

0 Likes
Re: Still No Phone for 84 Year Old
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hilda,

Your posts here can be read by anyone with Internet access.  You are primarily talking to other Verizon customers on this forum (like me).  Your issue must be dealt with by Verizon.

Sometimes Verizon escalates issues posted on these forums to their elite support team.  When that happens, they provide instructions on how to communicate with them through private channels on this site.  Verizon did that when you posted last week.  You need to follow Verizon's instructions to talk to them.  If you're having issues using the private support system, post a simple note here and either some of us customers or Verizon should be able to guide you through the process.

As far as copper or FiOS, know that Verizon can deliver standard telephone service over fiber equipment.  Standard telephone service is what you have now.  With fiber equipment, you can get either standard telephone service or FiOS Digital Voice.  Both will work fine with your existing in home telephone wires and phones.

Telephone service over fiber is much better than copper in all ways except one; the need for a backup battery in your home to provide phone service during power outages.  The standard battery will power the phone for up to eight hours of talk time.  If  you decide to switch to fiber and want more than eight hours, there are ways to add batteries to extend this time.  I can provide more details if you want to hear them.

Good Luck.

0 Likes