911 Calls NOT being logged by Verizon Call Log
ChuckMueller1

On 7/31/13 an incident occured here that resulted in the death of a neighbor. I made two 911 calls from my Verizon Voice line, both were answered by the local PD who saw my caller ID and confirmed it. Neither call appears on my Verizon call log at all. It is important that I see the exact times I made both 911 calls to verify what I perceived as a very slow and unacceptable response time from the local authorities.  I spent almost an hour on the phone the following day with various Customer Support offices and although all agreed that all calls, especially 911 calls, should be logged, none could explain why they wern't. The final rep I spoke to said he was going to speak with his supervisor when he returned from his break and then would call me back. Surprise...I never got any call back except for an automated call a day later asking me to rate Verizon's Customer Service, which I certainly did. There appears to be a serious glitch in the Verizon Call Log System and of course I cant find anyone to address the issue.

0 Likes
Re: 911 Calls NOT being logged by Verizon Call Log
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: 911 Calls NOT being logged by Verizon Call Log
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ChuckMueller,

We are closing your private support case. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but Verizon does not have access to the emergency call logs and you may have to rely on the local authorities to investigate the situation.

Thank you for understanding,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes