Additional FiOS Voice Battery Backup for I-211-M-K
N_B
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand that the battery backup for the phone lasts about 8 hours.  That is not enough for a significant blackout.  Can I order an additional battery backup unit?

I have the small desktop version of the ONT.  The model is I-211-M-K.  So I would need the battery backup unit that goes with this.  Is this available to purchase?  I don't see why it shouldn't be.  If a customer wants more hours of backup time in case of an emergency, then we should be able to have it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Additional FiOS Voice Battery Backup for I-211-M-K
ABN1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I doubt that VZ will ever support anything additional than what the pack is designed for...which was to make federal regulators happy that people with FIOS would have phone service for at least a few hours.  For years, people have been modifying their UPS by either upgrading the battery or replacing them with car/marine batteries.  This is really something to think carefully about because there are safey risks that go along with it.  But having said that, just doubling the battery capacity available would effectively double your time.  The problem is knowing if the power/charging system would be able to handle the additional battery.  I doublt VZ would ever give out specs to know for sure and doing this would definately void any warranty or support they'd give.  Maybe a larger pack would be something to lobby VZ for in areas where blackouts and power outages are common.

0 Likes
N_B
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm afraid you didn't understand my question/request.  I'm not asking to void anything.  I just want to be able to purchase an additional battery backup for when my current one dies instead of waiting for it to die first and then having to call/wait on Verizon.  

You know, I just want to be prepared.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Yes, but their are other ways.   with a extra battery you would have to keep it charged and switch it in when the first one fails.   These batteries just lose power over time if not charged regularly.  A seperate emergency power supply of some form would work better.  And a cell phone of some type, would help for emergencies (obviously keeping it charged).

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Good evening. You can call our battery replacement center at 877-503-3537 to get an additional batteries.

0 Likes