Be Forewarned
PenguinFan

If you get Verizon landline services, here's what can happen if you have a problem.

July 23, 2012 No dial on house phone. Determined no dial tone at customer access box . Called verizon and they set up appointment for July 30, 2012.

July 30, 2012 Still no dial tone. About 4pm called verizon to see when tech will arrive. Rep states that I was part of an outage and problem was repaired on Friday. I said that I still have no service, and a tech was scheduled to come to my house today. Rep states that repair ticket was closed Friday, and that no one is scheduled to come to my house. She tests the line and states that there is a problem with the line. Then she schedules an appointment for August 7, 2012. I ask her again why no one came today, and why I will have to wait another 8 days for an appointment. She states that since the first ticket was closed, she opened a new ticket and that is the earliest day possible. I ask to speak to a supervisor.  After being on hold for 10-15 minutes, I explain the problem to the supervisor, who states that August 7th is the best that dispatch could do to get a tech onsite. She states that the tech will call before coming to the house.

August 7, 2012 Still no dial tone at the customer access box. Still no phone call from the tech. About 8pm called verizon to check on status of my repair. Rep states that tech was out there already and fixed something on the pole. I said that the tech was supposed to call me before coming out, and that there still is no dial tone at the customer access box. She said that she will open a repair ticket and schedule an appointment for a tech to come out on August 15, 2012. I asked the rep why  the tech did not call first and why it will take another 8 days to get an appointment. Without comment rep puts me on hold and after 10-15 minutes the phone on the other end of the line starts ringing. It rings for at least 10 minutes before a supervisor answers. I explain my problem again and ask him why the tech did not call me. He states that the problem may have been fixed without actually coming to the house. I tell him it still has not been fixed. He states that he will put a note on the repair to indicate that the problem began July 23rd. Will have to wait to see what happens next.

0 Likes
Re: Be Forewarned
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles you have been having trying to get your service repaired. I have copied your post to our private support board to get more information on this. Please refer all correspondences there so we can assist further.

0 Likes
PenguinFan

I received a voicemail  from 1-800-837-4966. All it says is 8pm, and if this is correct do nothing. Wish I had received the full message.

0 Likes
PenguinFan

Day 22. Stayed home from work to wait for service tech for appointment  made last week. As of 8:30pm EST, no call from service tech, no service tech showed up, and still no dial tone. What did I expect.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Please go to your Private support case for information.  

@PenguinFan wrote:

Day 22. Stayed home from work to wait for service tech for appointment  made last week. As of 8:30pm EST, no call from service tech, no service tech showed up, and still no dial tone. What did I expect.

0 Likes
PenguinFan

Day 23. Successful repair completed. Service tech repaired line somewhere down the road.

0 Likes