Billed by another provider for collect calls accepted from my Verizon landline
bandslane1

We accepted two brief (under 3 Minutes) emergency collect phone calls from a family member to our Verizon landline,  We were billed $39.36 for them by a "provider" called ILD.  I called Verizon and  a representative said there is nothing they can do and to call ILD.  I called ILD and they offered an $11.00 "discount" which I told them was unacceptable.  They told me to call Verizon back, which I am not going to do right now because each phone call involved substantial time to get through automated message handling systems and finally get an actual person to talk with.

I was frustrated with Verizon to begin with because of their outrageously high charges, constant increases, complicated bills and terrible customer service.  Tomorrow, I will do one or all of the things below:

(1) Contact consumer affairs and government agencies who may be able to help me.

(2) Cancel my current Verizon phone and internet service completely.

(3) Never deal with Verizon again for any type of services and advise friends/relatives to do the same.

I made a partial payment of $100 on my bill.  This covers all Verizon services and $10 towards ILD charges, which is all I am willing to pay.

0 Likes
Re: Billed by another provider for collect calls accepted from my Verizon landline
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Billed by another provider for collect calls accepted from my Verizon landline
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey bandslane1,

Since we haven't heard back from you and haven't received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

-Ben

0 Likes