Blocking outgoing calls
melysa007

Is there a way to block specific outgoing calls?

0 Likes
Re: Blocking outgoing calls
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

To block outgoing calls you would need to use call gate. I have included a link below that list the details of the feature.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/Phone/Calling+Features/Call+Gate/Call+Gate.htm

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
mmcsp_2012

@Shamika_VZ wrote:
Hello,

To block outgoing calls you would need to use call gate. I have included a link below that list the details of the feature.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/Phone/Calling+Features/Call+Gate/Call+Gate.htm

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Buyer BEWARE!!!   Verizon is clueless!  Call Block is no longer available on any of the new bundles Verizon offers!  I had this service and it worked great.   Then I switched to Verizon Digital Voice for savings, and even though a member of Verizon's elite team assured me that this functionality would still be there, it wasn't.  Worse yet, when I called to inquire about why it wasn't there, I was on the phone for hours trying to get through to anyone with a bit of clue, and was finally told be a different member of the (elite?) team that it just isn't available anymore, and they can't add it back. 

Nice going Verizon!    Time to look elsewhere...  Verizon is clueless...

0 Likes
katmandu573

I have a family member who, unknown to me, had made $82.00 of directory assistance calls, on my phone, while I wasn't home.  In just two weeks!  I think it is appalling that Verizon doesn't allow people to mitigate their circumstances, subjecting them to abuse by others.  The bill is in my name and I have to pay for it.  What does Verizon expect me to do?  Should I take the receivers with me EVEY time I leave?  How is that better?  If I can block an email, why not a digital phone call?

0 Likes
TAG121

It sounds like call gate is not available in NY, any other idea?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes